Roasted Pistachio Maple Ice Cream
I really do not use my ice cream maker enough.
- 1 cup roasted & salted pistachio nut meats, divided
- 1 (14oz) can coconut cream (or full fat coconut milk)
- 2 cups organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Add all the pistachios to a small rimmed baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Place 1/2 cup of the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it becomes super fine or turns into a slight pistachio butter (about 4-5 minutes).
- In a large bowl combine the coconut cream, almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Using a hand mixer (or vitamix or blender), blend all the ingredients for a minute or two. Add in about 3 TBSP of the pulsed (super fine) pistachios. Mix for another minute and then pour into the bowl of the ice cream maker. Add the other 1/2 cup of whole roasted pistachio nutmeats and let the ice cream maker churn for about 30 minutes. Pour the ice cream into a freezer-friendly jar and freeze for an hour or two. Enjoy!
- You can find canned Coconut Cream at Trader Joe’s and I highly recommend you use it.